Our main topic today is greenwashing, but we also discuss single-celled organism and the basics of ecosystems.
Environment 101: We talk about what an ecosystem is, how it differs from a biome, and how we influence ecosystems.
Main Topic: Greenwashing: I explain what greenwashing is, give some examples of greenwashing, and explain how to look out for what the companies are doing to not fall for their nonsense.
Biodiversity: In this second episode, it's all about single-celled organisms (and other tiny things). What types are there and why do they matter?
Mentioned in this episode:
- Khan Academy: Ecosystems
- National Geographic: Ecosystems
- Gittemary Johansen: Greenwashing
- Gittemary Johansen: Greenwashing examples
- Organic mineral water (German)
- Fiji water greenwashing
- Planet B (German): Greenwashing
- Importance of ticks
- Diatoms and primary production
- Primary producers
- Home fermentation